Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Braided


On Halloween, I decided to get box braids for the first time... I had no idea what to expect or how my hair would react to it. I was hesitant for months and would set up appointments and then cancel because I'd chicken out--needless to say, it was a lengthy process beforehand and during me getting them done. It took 17 hours with maybe less than an hour break all together. My entire Halloween was spent getting my hair done. Now, I can say I've had them and I probably won't get them again any time in the near future. I really loved having them in and not having to worry about doing my hair, but the weight took a lot for me to get used to and when I took them out, my hair was pretty tangled. However, because I kept them super moisturized during the entire 5 weeks of wearing them, my hair was in decent shape after I took them out (minus the tangles). Check out some of the styles below (all of 3 styles, haha) and see what products I faithfully used everyday to keep them fresh and healthy. I was so inspired by all these natural and protective hair style blogs and IG pages and I just had to try them out. I do think everyone should try braids at least once.





 Yup--I used Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla products on them everyday. I would spray them with the leave-in conditioner and hair sheen and then wrap them with a scarf at night before going to bed. In the morning, I'd use their edge control smoother when necessary and once a week, I'd put their pure hair oil on the root of the braids. This stuff was really a blessing for keeping my hair in great shape while I had the braids in.





No comments:

Post a Comment